Sunday, December 18, 2016

champagne glass cookies


You may remember that a few years ago I made a variety of goodies for Cherish's wedding (my first wedding dessert table!), which included Hello Kitty macarons, football and tooth cookies, mini s'mores cupcakes, and potted plant chocolate puddings. And recently, she asked me to make cookies for a bachelorette party that she was putting together! She was going for a classy and elegant bachelorette party vibe, so we decided one design would be champagne glass cookies.


Since I had no champagne glass cookies cutter, and could not find one that I liked online, I asked my handy hubby to make me another custom copper cutter! (Aren't I lucky??!) So I made a few batches of my favorite sugar cookies recipe (from my book, The Hello Kitty Baking Book) and used my shiny new cutter to cut out my shapes.


After baking the cookies until golden brown (350F for 10-12 minues), I whipped up a batch of royal icing (recipe also in my book!) and used ivory gel-based food coloring to get the perfect shade of champagne. Then I used stiff ivory icing to outline the top part of the champagne glass, filled it in with ivory runny icing, and then did the same with white icing for the bottom part of the glass.


The final touch was piping stiff white icing for the "bubbles" in the champagne!



I thought they turned out super cute and festive, and would also be perfect for a birthday of a  New Years celebration as well!



I also made a second cookie design to go along with the champagne glass cookies - floral brush embroidery cookies! Stay tuned for the tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment